Aging & Wrinkles
Aging Skin 101
Achieve A More Youthful-looking You
It's a part of life — our skin changes as we age. It becomes thinner, loses fat, and no longer looks as plump and smooth as it once did. Facial aging actually begins in your 20s, when skin firmness begins to decrease as a result of both internal (genetics and natural aging) and external (sun exposure, smoking, pollution, sleeping positions, etc.) factors.
What Happens As We Age?
- Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring substance in your skin that helps provide fullness and elasticity
- Hyaluronic acid diminishes as we age, causing skin to lose volume while increasing the chances for wrinkles and folds to appear
To Combat Signs Of Facial Aging
There Are Three Major Kinds Of Anti-Aging Treatments
Chemical peels, microdermabrasion and laser resurfacing modify the surface of the skin to correct visible signs of sun damage, such as fine lines, irregular pigmentation and blemishes.
Toxins, traditional fillers (hyaluronic acid) and collagen stimulators are injected into facial areas to reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles and restore facial contours.
A wide range of surgical procedures exist, like liposuction, face lifts and fat transfers, which are used to remove excess fat, lift severely sagging skin or fill facial hollows. These are the most invasive types of treatment.
What Can You Do To Help Combat The Signs Of Aging With RESTYLANE®?
The good news is that you can do something about the signs of facial aging with a product in the Restylane family — to help reveal a younger-looking you.
With minimal downtime and no surgery, products in the Restylane family are used to:
- Add volume and fullness to the cheeks (Restylane® Lyft)
- Correct moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds and “smile lines,” the lines from your nose to the corners of your mouth (Restylane & Restylane Lyft)
- Treat “lipstick lines” or perioral lines around the mouth and to create fuller, more accentuated lips (Restylane® Silk)
That means you get minimally invasive, clinically proven, natural-looking results to help achieve the look you want. Talk to your healthcare provider today to determine if the Restylane family of products is right for you.